Polo Player & Model Ashley Van Metre Busch Shares Her Fitness Secrets! - Womens Fitness Zone

Polo Player & Model Ashley Van Metre Busch Shares Her Fitness Secrets!

Ms. Namita Nayyar: As a dedicated equestrian that began riding at five, you are an accomplished polo player who fell in love with the sport at the young age of 11. Since then you have played competitive polo in renowned tournaments in Argentina, Chile, New York, Aiken, SC., Middleburg Va., England, Wellington, FL, etc. Walk us through this spectacular journey and tell us how it all began?
Ms. Ashley Van Metre: My polo journey began because of my best friend, Isabella Wolf’s Mom. Isabella and I grew up riding together, one day her mom took us to a polo school that was about 20 minutes away from my family farm in Middleburg, VA. German Noguera was the owner and instructor of the polo school. After my first lesson, I completely fell in love! Riding was second nature to me, and hitting the polo ball became addicting. I quit showing hunters, and dedicated every second of my riding to polo. Polo has opened doors for me across the globe, and along the way I have met some very influential people, and athletes.
Ms. Namita Nayyar: Introduce us to a day in your life.
Ms. Ashley Van Metre: A typical day for me starts with a cup of coffee, a light breakfast and after that we are off to the races. My days vary depending on whether or not I am preparing for a polo tournament or not. Mid mornings, I will usually work out in the gym with my trainer Molly Deaton, then I will head to the barn to check on the ponies and the plan for the day. Afternoons, we usually arrange some sort of practice, whether it be stick and balling (which is hitting the ball and practicing different shots,) on my field at home, or going to the local club to have a practice game with teammates.
During my off time, I always try to fit in some pool time, I love soaking up the sun. As well as working on my swimsuit line.
Ms. Namita Nayyar: What exercises comprise your fitness regime or workout routine that you may like to share?
Ms. Ashley Van Metre: I do several different exercises throughout the week to ensure, I’ve worked out all of my muscle groups. I would say the most important thing to work on for polo though, would be core and arm strength, along with balance and coordination drills. Pulls up and push up are always essential, as well as exercises on the bosu ball, ladders, and for reaction time we work with censored lights, that blink and you have to reach or run for them to turn them off. You never know which one is going to blink next!
Ms. Namita Nayyar: Do you take some special diet or have a strict menu that you follow to remain healthy and physically fit?
Ms. Ashley Van: I don’t really follow anything strictly.
My diet consists of lots of protein and a green such as: broccoli, green beans, or Brussel sprouts. I eat homemade protein balls as snacks, or protein shakes, and you’ve got to throw in a donut or something chocolate of course, donuts are my fav!

Popular Posts

Sort Posts by Month

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews